Friday, October 10, 2008

Dreams are strange things. At least to me they are.

My subconscious mind has always disturbed me in some way; it's always told me things that somehow or other turn out to be true.

And the most freaky of them so far has to be the time two semesters ago when I was taking that shortcut from AS4 to the space between LTs 9 and 10, that narrow little lane next to the windows of the AS4 staircase, and I just stopped dead in my tracks suddenly because something just felt very wrong.

And the very second I stopped, a penknife blade landed at my feet. Someone'd thrown it out of one of the windows upstairs, I guess. I never looked up to check, just froze for a while there, then quickly went on my way. But it did freak me out.

And my brain seems to be working overtime these past few months-- or at least one part of it is.

The dream of the lady in black recurred again. Just a few nights after Joseph and I broke up. The dream of the lady in black in an empty dark room, lit only by the lights of a city nightscape. Where a man with no face comes to hold her, touch her, kiss her fears away, but in the end he only leaves with one of the gloves off her hand.

The first time I saw it was during the time shortly before Joseph and I got together, and I didn't understand what it could possibly mean then.

But when it revisited, it suddenly occurred to me; maybe that dream was telling me all along not to say yes to you.

No comments: