Friday, June 17, 2005

I know. I haven't updated in eons. But I'm working on that. So from time to time, there'll be a few backdated posts popping up. Not that it really matters to anyone, but it probably will to me; at least, when I read this in the future, I'll recall this as one of the most stressful and packed periods of my life.

I don't even know what the hell I'm still doing online, let alone being awake, at this time. I have to be up at 5 am later to be at school by 7 am. Chwan Sang's giving me a lift to school though, so that gives me a little more time to get ready and stuff.

Was helping to set up MPSH 2 for tomorrow's competition earlier today, and good Lord, I'm tired as all bloody hell. Just realised that there were three words there which really aren't supposed to be in the same sentence, but well, hell if I give a damn. :P

Was there as early as 10 am this morning, and by then, the guy seniors had already finished moving all the tatami mats to one side of the hall. NJC's new archery club had come down to help us, since their teacher-in-charge was formerly from NUS Archery, but they did most of the light work, packing goodie bags and stuff, only helping us to move the target boards and frames earlier in the day. Later, I helped set up the boundaries around the hall, hang up the safety netting, and mark out the lines demarcating the lanes and the shooting and equipment lines and such.

Judges came to do inspection at 5.30 pm, and Jaysus, one of them really pissed me off. He just gave a lot of instructions as to how and where he wanted things to be but he never did the slightest thing to help. Effing bastard; we'd spent the whole day setting up the goddamned hall and you come and mess everything up?! *Effing* HELL!! It's true what the seniors say, I guess, judges really do have an easy life: all they have to do is come down to the venue for a few hours, do a little (or a lot of) complaining, and they friggin' get paid a few hundred bucks for it. *calms down*

Other than that, there was another judge who seemed quite annoying at first since he was nitpicking about the target boards and target sheets, but he did actually help, marking out all the positionings for us and such, so when I compared this guy to the earlier prat, I decided this second guy was a lot better.

Chwan drove Weizheng, Soon Hock and I down to Mac's for dinner; we took the long way around, coz we were dropping Khim Nyang off at PGP first, and when we passed by the road that led up to the Rag house, I wanted so much to drop by and see what they were doing, who was staying over... but doing that would give away the top secret location of our Rag site, haha. Probably wouldn't matter since Soon Hock isn't very involved in his faculty's activities and Chwan and Weizheng both stay in halls and the halls are judged in a separate category, but still, I don't want word to get around.

Weizheng started talking about how Raffles' Hall had a "secret location" in their lower lounge for building their float and how no one would find it, plus the fact that they'd walled the place up and the noise from their building activities was covered up by the construction going over at the nearby CFA. In the end, I told them that Arts had a "secret location" too, haha, and they drew their own conclusion: that we had someone who was rich enough, with a large enough house outside.

Anyway, we arrived at Mac's, after about 10 minutes of myself being thoroughly amused with Weizheng and Soon Hock confusing Chwan as to where to park so that we could walk to Mac's, haha...

The others arrived later; Chwan went back to KR to settle his laundry, so the rest of us caught the A2 shuttle back to SRC to start our sighting. The NJC kids had finished their sighting by the time we got back and were hanging around just outside the MPSH, talking and waiting for dinner to arrive; heard they'd ordered pizza.

Set up my bow with its new sight; got one with a centre pin, coz I finally realised that I really *do* need the centre pin. :P And, horror of all horrors, I found out tonight that all this while, I've been fixing my stabilisers in the wrong slot! 0_0

Ever since I started using a metal bow, I've always screwed my stabilisers into the lower slot; only tonight when Khim Nyang came to stand next to Zhan Tao and they were both watching me shoot, did Khim Nyang suddenly wonder aloud, "Why's her stab pointing downwards?"

What the hell. This is what happens when no one notices. And when NUS SRC won't even give us the funding to hire a coach. Hell, both NTU and SMU have coaches. Stupid NUS... *grumbles*

Sighting turned out quite well; the last sighting end that I shot scored three yellows and three reds; score of 48 out of 60. All right, I guess.

Chwan gave me a lift home after sending Weizheng to Raffles' and Soon Hock to.. I'm not sure where; seniors were still shooting when I left. Really should get to bed now. Am damn tired as it is. Hope Chwan doesn't stay up too late LAN gaming tonight; don't want him half-asleep at the wheel at 6 in the morning. O_o...

No comments: