Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Didn't do much at the Rag house yesterday; woke up late coz I was tired from working-- I know, it was only three days work, but it equates to about 21 hours of standing, walking around, talking and persuading people and smiling even when you feel like throttling them and demonstrating the cleaning power of the household cleaner that I'm selling by pouring a whole tub of it down their throats.

Ahem. Wow. Long sentence. :P

So. Yes. I actually woke up at some time past 8 am; my infernal body clock is too finely tuned; even without an alarm clock, on my own, I will still wake before 9 am. My legs protested that they wanted more rest though, so since I didn't really have anywhere to be very urgently, I went back to sleep and only got up in the afternoon.

What I did accomplish at the Rag house, however, was that Ivan and I cleaned the kitchen floor and I cleaned up all the dirt around the sides of the kitchen sink. We were the last to leave the house, so after we'd finished cleaning up and packing away some of the cleaning things lying around, we lazed around for a bit before I decided to play around with the new nail buffer that I'd bought a couple of days ago.

I've been fascinated with nail buffers ever since I was in Primary Five and my senior buffed my thumbnail while we were on the school bus, going home. Hey, I was barely eleven then, and anything shiny or glittery was, and still is, infinitely captivating to me. :P

So I grabbed Ivan's thumb and started buffing the nail (during which he initially asked, "Oh, *that's* how it works?" Yes, dear; he thought it worked like a nail file.). When I was done, and his thumbnail was all smooth and shiny, he stared at it with a half-fascinated, half-mortified look on his face, and proceeded to announce that "My thumbnail looks *fake*."

I immediately convulsed in giggles. :D

No comments: