Friday, July 14, 2006

You make running away easy. :)

What is it about the things that we seldom say...? What is it about them which makes them difficult to stop once we've started saying them?

80 kph with the wind on your face is a good feeling. If I let my imagination run away with me, it's almost like the rest of the world can't catch up and we're really escaping. Random thoughts escape my subconscious mind and wander about my head; would tears fly away on the wind and dissipate into nothing in seconds? I'm still alone in my head with the running commentary, but for now, it helps to look over your shoulder and watch the speedometer climb.

West Coast Park in the wee hours of the morning is therapeutic. In between daybreak and night-time, six-plus feet off the ground and nowhere near enough to reach the sky and watching greyed-red rope segment the purple-pink cloudy sky is enough to make everything be quiet for a while. This organised tangle of child's-play string cradles us together in its highest point, in between the sky and the sand, between morning and night; in-between, in-between, always in-between.

That you're here listening makes all the difference. Physical contact is a warm, solid reassurance-- "I'm still here" without the words-- and for someone who used to be afraid of touches, I miss holding and being held.

Thank you.

Can't hardly wait till the semester starts; it's good to have found someone like you. Maybe when August rolls around, we'll find more reasons to run away and suspend ourselves in the middle of the middle of nowhere, hanging our spirits out to air.

No comments: