Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day this year for me was probably not as happy as it could've been, but I'd like to think that my baby and me made the best of it. ^_^

This week is packed since my Hall's Dance Production, "A Feast of Fate", is on this Friday, and Wardrobe (which I'm involved in) is rushing to put all the finishing touches and alterations on all the costumes, and as if that isn't enough, Sets has asked for our help in making some things which they need, like the tablecloth for one of the earlier scenes, and on Tuesday night I even hemmed a length of cloth that was 14 metres long. O_O Don't ask me why. I don't even know what it's gonna be used for.

Every night this week has thus been devoted to helping out at Wardrobe, where we've been stationed in the Reading Room, which means staying as late as we can, getting as much sewing done as possible. Last night, we moved everything (costumes, both finished and unfinished; sewing machines and various other little tools like scissors, bobbins and unpickers) to UCC, and since UCC closes at 11 pm, we had to leave before then. Which means that for the first time, we could all actually leave Wardrobe before midnight! :P

When I told my dear baby that I'd have to be away at Wardrobe even on the night of Valentine's Day, the poor thing was understandably upset. Our first Valentine's together too. Sigh.

So he suggested celebrating a day early instead, and maybe have dinner somewhere else another day. Upon which I decided that I'd give him the chocolates that I'd got for him, sitting in the fridge in the Arts clubroom since I don't have a mini-fridge of my own in my hall room.



Ta-da. Truffles from Julius Truffles, a little online chocolate "store" which you can find here. :)

This was the special Valentine's Day set; from left: 3 peppermint truffles, 3 orange truffles, 3 strawberry, 3 vanilla and 3 rum. The last one you see there which doesn't look quite round is the last piece of three "Volcanos"; a concoction of chocolate, dusted with cocoa powder and with melty chocolate inside. :) There's only one left there coz my baby and I had already had one each. Lol.

Baby got me a pillowcase; it's one which I thought was really cute when we saw it, so he went back and got it for me without me knowing. ^_^ It's black with blue wording on it, which reads: "I don't like to sleep alone." Aww... Oh, and plus a sunflower yesterday, for Valentine's Day itself. :)

I actually like gerberas (or African daisies, as they're otherwise known), but sunflowers are fine; they're even *happier* flowers than gerberas are. :D

DP is tomorrow; finally it'll be over and done with and we can all do something else with our evenings after 7 pm other than sewing!! :P

No comments: