Sunday, March 25, 2007

Of shiny new things.

Kristy finally got her new NX Expert riser on Friday, so she was setting it up and tuning it yesterday, with Coach's help, of course. :D Took ages, but she finally stepped out into the sun to shoot her first arrows with the new bow. And it's damn quiet. 0.0....

No more vibration sound! No more funny "twang"!

Just a short "thumm" plucking noise and then it all goes completely silent!

Behold Gerri's excitedness (despite the fact that it's not even her bow, the stupid little girl) and saucer-plate-sized eyes.


On my side... well, Mr Lim Chee Wee called recently to say he now sells Samick products. Kinda odd, since at the time when Kristy and I had the $100 vouchers from IVP, he kept trying to get us to buy stuff from him, but when I mentioned that I actually wanted a Samick riser, he said that he didn't sell Samick products. And suddenly he SMSes, emails and *calls* me to tell me that he now has Samick stock.

I've been eyeing the silver Samick Masters riser for quite some time, and a month ago, the only price which I'd managed to find for it online was Bill Wee's price: $750. Ouch.

On Friday, while delivering Kristy's riser to her at her hall, Mr Lim asked her to pass on a message to me, saying that while Bill Wee sells for $750, he's selling it for only $698. (Hehe... although just this morning I checked Bill Wee's site and I noticed it's changed... he's selling it for $695 now.) Ooh. Price war. XD

Then yesterday, at training, I mentioned the whole thing to Coach and he suggested I wait for a while and let him check with Mr Tang, the head of our archery association in Singapore, who's also a dealer for Samick equipment.

And guess what..?

On account that he's on good terms with our coach, Sunny Low, and he knows that Sunny's our coach and he knows that we're all poor students (or some combination of factors along those lines, hehe), he's willing to offer it to me at $680. XD.....!! The consumer is king indeed. :P

But he said that he'd check to see if he had any silver stock with him, and I still need to confirm if I'll actually be buying (and I need to find somewhere I can earn the money...!!).

Here's a look at the pretty thing:

See the silver riser in the middle? :D



This one's a close up photo of the blue riser; pity I couldn't find one of the silver one, but the blue one does seem awfully pretty up close... :P


And finally, I have new glasses!! :D

My sisters collected their new glasses last week when I went home, so I went to get my eyes checked and get new glasses too; the frame of my old pair had actually got a bit twisted after a minor accident during training last year.

So the good news is that apparently, my degree has dropped by 25, and my astigmatism is gone too (the optician tells me it used to be 25)!

When I went to pick them up yesterday night, my new glasses make everything *SO* much clearer; it was a bit of a shock when I first put them on. I thought my old glasses were still okay, but apparently a change of just 25 in the degree makes all the difference! Everything's just a lot sharper.

No comments: