Monday, March 26, 2007

I was panicking about my SC4212 paper deadline on 29th March an hour ago; I realised that apart from some stuff which I had gleaned from other modules and common knowledge, I didn't have anything in the form of a literature review. Because hey, there IS no literature on my topic. -_-

Then I figured maybe it was about time I looked at other working class cultures to see if I could extrapolate anything from there (stupid me, only thought of it so late), instead of constantly trying to look for information on Singapore's case.

My essay could turn out terribly sparse and totally not the quality of a level-4000 essay at all....!! *wails in despair*

Could I get a better grade for putting in effort to write on something that hasn't been researched on, at least...?

But then 5 minutes ago, I logged in to check my email, to see if Prof. Hadiz had emailed me back with the contact whom I could interview for said paper.

And the most recent unread email right at the top of the screen reads "Essay Extension".

So it turns out the deadline for my SC4212 essay has been moved back a WEEK, till the 5th of April.

God bless Prof. Waterson. :D

*Heaves a gigantic sigh of relief and bounces round her room cheering madly (at the same, if it's possible XD)

On another note, Prof. Hadiz is now one of the nicest ever profs in the Soci department in my opinion, coz he's just been so helpful.

Will you be my ISM supervisor in two semesters' time, prof? :P

No comments: