Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Archery chalet last week.

In which Gerri learned that her baby managed to make a fool of himself and that the commando camp has a strange sort of celebrity status.

The chalet was at Aloha Changi, 3 days and 2 nights.

I didn't stay over on the first night coz I still had French class the next day and I didn't fancy the idea of travelling all the way back to school from the east.

So I went home after the barbeque on the first night and came back on the evening of the second day.

The thing about the chalet is that the area it's in is only accessible by one bus, and that bus comes from Tampines Interchange. For the first half of the journey, the bus goes through normal HDB estate area, passing apartment blocks and schools; the second half of the journey however, winds around military bases, on quiet two-lane roads lined with wire fences with green weaving and two rows of barbed wire.

A little freaky.

And it didn't help that when I was on the way there with the bunch of them who were checking in on the first day, Connor mentioned: "Imagine if you got lost and had to find your way out of here alone at night."

-_-|| No thanks.

So, on my way there on the evening of the second day, I was on the bus and this group of about um.. five to eight guys got on the bus and happened to sit right behind me. I was just kinda staring out the window and stoning, and when I got back into my own headspace and "tuned in" I suddenly realised that in their very loud conversation, these guys mentioned the phrase "commando camp" in almost every other sentence.

For a second there, it felt like I was on a tour bus. -_-

(Insert mental image here: "And on your left, you will see.. oh, another army camp! And oh look, hot sweaty men." XD)

Yes, it turns out that the commando camp is the camp which is nearest to where the chalets are.

So when the bus stopped at the bus stop right outside the camp, the guys behind me got even more excited and started talking even more loudly. Seems it was because the lights were all on and there were plenty of people in the parade square. Later Joseph told me it was probably coz one batch was POP-ing.

And when I reached the chalet, everyone there told me that the night before, Ervin, Wai Xin and Joseph had been very um... entertaining. Lol.

I suppose the club tradition of embarrassing people during the archery chalet continues. XD


And here's a group picture from the first night.

Four generations of NUS archers. ^_^

No comments: