Monday, August 13, 2007

Sometimes I feel we should just forget about the prizes and awards on Rag Day, since everything's partly like a scam.

There's no transparency at all in the judging criteria, and the same Faculties win the same top awards every year. The only category which I can safely say is without bias is probably that of the Halls.

This year, I think the Most Creative Float Design award was a sham. The judges must be blind. Apparently, attention to detail means nothing at all.

But, my dear fellow Arts Raggers-- those whom I have seen four years of Rag with, those whom I have seen become Raggers in their own right, and those whom I have only come to know this year-- we can take pride in the fact that no other faculty used the tessellated-can design that we used; and we're probably the only faculty who knows how to do it. We can take pride in the fact that we created our own "new technology"-- those folded paper flowers. We can take pride in the fact that our float was mistaken for a Hall float (twice) while it was in the static display area. :)

And I hope that all of you have enough pride, that despite not winning what was rightfully owed us both this year and last year, you will get back on your feet and build an even better float next year.

Arts Rag and Arts Raggers, we've come a long way since I was a first-year, and I'm proud of all of us. :)

No comments: