Sunday, July 03, 2011

Wow. It's been about two years since I last posted, huh.

If you actually remember what this blog used to look like, well, I've switched to this more "boring" Blogger template because Geocities shut down, and a lot of graphics that you see on this blog were actually being hosted there, including the old header image. So I decided, what the heck, let's just use a default template, then I won't have to worry about images.

I'm still toying with the idea of setting up a Livejournal for posting writing though. Since I don't have my site and all anymore.

Time really does fly and I've been so busy with work in real life that I spend most of my free time doing rather brain-dead things, such as watching Japanese dramas, watching live performances by Japanese artistes and reading fanfiction.

Yeah, the Japanese kick that I started on in 2009 hasn't abated. Lol.

But it seems that I've moved on from Aiba Hiroki and Tenimyu. Not saying that I don't like Aiba anymore or anything, but he hasn't appeared in anything (at least, not that I know of) since Shinkenger ended. Rather sad, since it seemed to me that his acting was getting better in Shinkenger, but oh well.

Tenimyu also doesn't hold much appeal for me anymore after the third generation graduated. After third gen, there were a few actors whom I felt didn't really fit their roles, so yeah. No more Tenimyu for me. Although it felt kinda "Whoa, *already*?" when I saw the news that whole story was finished and 6th gen would be graduating.

But I learned a lot by just by paying attention to what was being said in all those Jap dramas I watched (who says you don't anything from watching TV? Well, not really TV in my case since I'm watching them on my laptop, but you get what I mean). I started learning to recognise certain phrases and I could actually recognise conjugation just by hearing similar parts of words... I've no idea how else to explain it.

Went on holiday to Kyoto with Connor, Jianhui and Jiaxin in April 2010, and found, to my surprise, that I could actually *understand* what most people were saying, but couldn't speak the language, since I'd never learned how to string together a sentence in the language. Now I sorta understand how it might be possible for people to understand a language but not speak it.

Was somewhere around then that I started thinking about taking Japanese classes, and I finally got started in January this year. Will be starting Intermediate level classes in August. Excited at the idea of going back to Japan for holiday sometime in the near future, and the difference that knowing the language will make for the experience.

Haven't seen any dramas recently that seem interesting... I feel like whatever Japanese I know or my listening skills are becoming a bit rusty. It probably doesn't help that I've recently listening to or watching Lives by only one artiste, haha.

Yes, cue my most recent obsession: J-pop band, AAA. That's "Triple A" for you, which is apparently shortened from "Attack All Around".

I kinda rediscovered them earlier this year; I can't remember how, but it was when I stumbled upon the PV for their "Heart and Soul" single on YouTube. Very hard-hitting dancey song, but somehow addictive.

Why "rediscovered"? Well, the first time I heard about this band was actually because of Aiba Hiroki; I went looking for other stuff that he'd worked in other than Tenimyu, and I found Delicious Gakuin, cracktastic thing that it is. Lol. It's so utterly full of nonsense, I tell you. XD

It is *impossible* to not notice Nishijima Takahiro in Delicious Gakuin. Other than the fact that he's the lead, Nishi is just hilarious in that drama, and other than Aiba, who I was watching the series for in the first place, the character of the stuck-up kid, played by Atae Shinjiro, who hates Nishi's character from the get-go really attracted my attention. Yeah, I have a thing for the attitude-problem characters. XD

Next thing I started to notice was that "AAA" popped up very often in the credits for the drama. "AAA" was tagged on in brackets to the end of Nishi and Shinjiro's names, and "AAA" was apparently the band singing both the theme and insert songs for the drama. Their marketing really scored with that one, I thought.

But it was around that time that I went and read a little more about the band, watched a few of their PVs on YouTube, but it never really stuck. Until now, it seems. I'd always thought that Nishi was younger than Shin-chan, but I've only found out now that Shin-chan's two years younger! I blame Nishi's retarded behaviour. :P

Anyway. To end off this post of rediscovery (of my blog, ahaha) I have this as well:

I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!



I'm flattered, really. :) But that's for my story-writing.

In this blogpost, apparently...

I write like
William Gibson

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!




A different sort of style for different occasions, perhaps. :)

No comments: