Monday, August 08, 2005

Well, here's to new school semesters and all that jazz.

It turns out that in my American Law class, there're a dozen Law students. A dozen. And there're only 39 people in the module, mind you. It's a seminar-style module with no tutorials, so there's a lot of discussion involved during "lectures".

When A/P Chng mentioned at the end of the class that there were a dozen Law students, I thought, well, that's wonderful, I have a feeling my grade's pretty much screwed, but I decided to stay on in the module anyway. Firstly coz dropping the module and adding another at this stage in the bidding would be really troublesome, and secondly because.. well, the module's interesting enough, so why not? :P

And immediately after my American Law lecture, my first SC2101: Research Methods lecture. This is pretty much how my Mondays are going to be: 5 straight hours of lecture first thing in the morning. Actually not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Anyway, I had this sudden.. epiphany in 2101 lecture, if you can call it that.

In JC, I used to write my name, class and the date on any new lecture handouts that I received; it was reflex, y'know: I get a clean handout, and the first thing I do is write my name, class and the date at the top-left corner.

When I came to uni, I didn't have a class, so I'd just write my faculty and year, like so: "FASS/1". Today, while I was writing that, I stopped after the slash and realised that I'd have to write a "2" now.

"FASS/2".

And it kinda made me smile. Huh. Look at that. I survived my first year. :)

No comments: