Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Boxing Day. :)

Christmas this year was the best I've had in a long time. :)

Ben, my sister's boyfriend, and Joseph were both over for Christmas dinner at my house last night; hope you had fun, baby. ^_^

Homemade soup with potatoes, mushrooms and abalone (sounds odd, but it tasted lovely); roast turkey with homemade cranberry sauce, honey-baked ham with homemade applesauce, baked potatoes and samosas and wine to go with everything-- 16-year-old German Reisling wine. Must be the first time I've drunk something that's almost as old as me. :P

Pity we didn't open the Chardonnay that Joseph bought, although I did have a feeling that my mum was going to have Reisling on the table since that's been the pattern for the previous few years.

Dessert was the traditional Christmas plum pudding (which I got to light, haha-- for those who don't know, you usually pour about a teaspoon of liquor on the pudding and you flambe it before the liquor gets absorbed into the pudding) and black forest log cake.

It was a good kinda feeling to be sitting round the table with everyone and eating together. And y'know what's funny? It didn't really feel like my family and two other people having dinner; it all just felt like one family. ^_^

No comments: