Sunday, April 08, 2007

I don't know if I ask for too much.

I keep thinking I should be more understanding, less selfish, less demanding--

And then something else asks, how much is enough?

I don't know if I ask for too little.

What if I compromise too much? How much am I supposed, expected, to understand, to compromise, to not demand?

It makes me sad when I look back because everything looks so different now.

But something tells me to be understanding, and the cycle begins all over again.

And each time it only feels like the hole I'm standing in gets dug a little deeper.


I'm tired of looking backwards.

I'm tired of knowing that everything good is behind me.

I'm tired of thinking of questions which don't have answers.

I'm tired of wondering why things are, or if they even should be, this way.

No comments: