Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Watched Transformers on Saturday with baby.

Was good; only pet peeve was that Megatron had a strange way of addressing Optimus Prime as "Prime" in the movie; as far as I can remember from the cartoons, *no one* ever did that. It was always either "Optimus Prime" or just "Optimus". Ugh; "Prime".

Bumblebee is the cutest car ever. I want a voice-controlled car too, which can transform itself into a Maserati Spyder. XD

The only autobots that I recognised from the beginning were Bumblebee and Optimus Prime; Bumblebee coz, well, no other Autobot had that much yellow on him and Optimus Prime, I recognised him coz I remember he was the truck. That big red and blue truck. Ooh, but they gave him blue paint and red flames in the movie. Snazzy looking.

For the Decepticons, the only ones I remembered were Megatron and Starscream and Bonecrusher.

Why are the bad guys always cooler, man... Starscream's mid-air transformation from robot to fighter jet and back again (twice!) was so damn cool. XD

And did anyone else think Frenzy (the little radio-Transformer) seemed like he was on crack??

I found this especially funny, considering that earlier in the film, that police officer and Sam had been asking each other, "Are you on drugs?" and here comes a crazy, fidgety little thing whose limbs seem to flicker out every which way; and as he sits in the police car and reads off the patrol car's screen he twitches and nods and yammers to himself.

I thought the robot was on crack. Seriously.

Megatron... okay, I've already mentioned my gripe about that. Oh, but the whole "I am the emperor of the universe, bow down before me" attitude was quite firmly in place. Yeah, this guy's head is so inflated, you'd be surprised it's still made of hard metal and not a super-stretchy balloon. XD

All in all, a good film. Not really something to watch if you want thought-provoking stuff; leave your adult brain at the door and unleash your inner 6-year-old. Wahaha.

Ooh. And I was just thinking, last week; the Transformers cartoons are seriously old stuff; not even everyone who's my age or older watched them, and my sister who's 5 years younger than me hasn't even seen them!

So I was thinking... Doesn't that mean that hundreds of teenagers are going to walk into cinemas to watch Transformers without even knowing what it really is? Not even knowing it was originally a cartoon? Sad to think of it, really.

No comments: