Sunday, July 22, 2007

Gerri's birthday... :)

Sylvia is officially the first person to wish me happy birthday this year; I got her SMS at midnight, haha. :)

Also, messages from James, Kristy, my Rachel-mei, Beatrice and Pamela. :)

Had dinner at NYDC the night before with my sisters, my cousin, Joseph and Ben; good food, and Joseph ordered Hoegarden beer, so I finally got to try it. :D We even bumped into Wai Xin as we were leaving the place. :D

Special mention for my lovely kor, who remembered it's my birthday and called all the way from New Zealand this afternoon. :) I hope you find a cheaper way to send those cookies for your sis's birthday. Lol.

So...I spent the whole day with Joseph today; I think baby's getting smarter. Somehow. Haha.

A crazy idea popped into my head last night; I wondered if I could ask that Joseph take me shopping for my birthday, but I kinda nixed that, coz that was followed with "What do I wanna buy?" and I didn't know what. :P

But baby met me at Orchard MRT this afternoon and he tells me: "Your surprise today is... shopping trip! Buy anything you want."

Mildly freaky, but pleasantly surprising. :)

My mum says I'm becoming transparent, but really, I don't think that's it. I don't know how he managed to hit on what I wanted, but I guess it's a good thing. :)

And well, me being me, the first I did with my "shopping spree" was to walk into Borders and get two books. :P

Baby wanted to get me clothes, but he discovered my problem with clothes firsthand today. I have rather broad shoulders, so in the event that the tops do fit, they're too narrow at the shoulders, and they bunch up in an ugly way if I raise my arms. And if they fit the shoulders, they're too baggy around the torso. Sigh.

Sorry if your shopping experience with me was a rather disappointing and discouraging one, baby...

In the end, I only bought one item; a long, black cotton blouse from GAP. Looks kinda semi-formal, which is good coz that means it has use for multiple occasions.

Thanks for spending today with me, baby. ^_^

No comments: