Sunday, November 04, 2007

The things that I do when I should really be working hard on my papers and projects.

1. Looking at T-shirt designs on online stores
2. Dreaming about buying books
3. Fantasising about robbing Kinokuniya...
4. ... and filling my own personal library with my ill-gotten gains.
5. Stumbling upon disturbing videos promoting veganism by showing how inhumanely animals are treated in factory-farms...
6. ... and thinking about starting a "humane farm" when I graduate.
7. If such a thing exists. *squints and wonders*
8. Reading friends' blogs and wondering why everyone's going on exchange
9. "I wanna go overseas on my own/ with friends too."
10. Bemoaning the fact that I haven't been any further than Malaysia in the last um... oh dear.
11. Thinking of where to go for graduation trip
12. Worrying about grades and my class of honours

At which point I get back to work and half an hour later, the process begins anew.

I think that when I started fourth year, I was already suffering an accumulated three years of burnout. I need a good holiday from academia. So no Masters immediately after graduation, methinks, thankyou.

No comments: