Sunday, August 29, 2004

Back from BBQ! I loved it; that must've been the best BBQ that I ever went to, and I'm actually full after it, rather than just the usual chicken and sausages and fishballs and potatoes and whatnot.

I mean, there *was* all that stuff, but it was pretty well organised and everything, and Jasmine's uncle bought a lot of stuff for us, like the roast chicken and otak and her aunt prepared stingray for us!

Speaking of chicken, the shortage of chicken in Singapore is starting to be really telling. Seriously. We went shopping before going to the condo for the barbecue proper, and it was almost impossible to find chicken! Ridiculous. But also faintly amusing. :P

And Shaun introduced us to cheese shrimp! Or cheesy shrimp or shrimpy cheese, or whatever you wanna call it. It's shrimp wrapped in cheese, wrapped in aluminium foil, and then set on the grill to barbecue. Cheese shrimp. Oh, I know!!! it's CHRIMP! :D HA! I'm a genius! I could make a living naming different kinds of new foods. Or maybe not. Hm.

Oh, but the cheese melted and boiled over; spilled out of the aluminium foil after just a few seconds on the grill, and cheese was dripping a little; it got onto the crab sticks, and it gave Daryl an idea and he made a small batch of cheesy crab stick for me! Hahaha....

And I realised that Shaun watches cooking shows when I watched him slice tomatoes in half and stuff the halves with herbs and set them on the grill, cut side up. Coz I'd only ever seen such stuff being done in cooking shows, see. :P And I asked, and I was right. :D

Shaun would make a good cook. Actually, I think he already is. Hm. All I know is that the cucumber soup that they were cooking on "Ways of the Matriarch" last week looked really quite lovely. Although maybe not so different from the marrow soup that we usually drink.

All right, shall be off to sleep now.......

No comments: