Saturday, February 19, 2005

The amount of congratulatory messages flooding in on Ivan's tagboard is just... overwhelming. I mean, all right, I'm really happy for us too (haha :P), but I feel a teensy bit embarrassed that all these people, both friends and complete strangers whom we may or may not know could basically know EVERYTHING about us!

Especially when on V-Day itself, so many of his friends just kept randomly walking up to him and saying things like "Oh, I heard you found your techno princess!" and "Hey, congrats!" and things like that. I feel like the whole of NUS knows!!

*Claps hands over reddening face and peeks out through fingers*

But, really, thank you. :P


And on a separate note:

Ack. VERY hot day today.

And I was standing out in the sun for about three hours during training, from 9 am to 12 pm!!

My face feels a wee bit sunburned. And my arms are already darker; the tan line of my shirt sleeve is back!! Damn it... why does my skin tan so fast? And now the outline of my arm guard is horribly visible as well. Bleah.

I am half-roasted. Quite well done, I think; or maybe medium rare. Does anyone want a Gerri, semi-well-done, semi-medium-rare??

Gerri wants to get a score of at least 320 for the 122 cm target at 30 m and MAINTAIN it for the NUS Open!! Personal best for 122 target so far is 298, from the NTU shoot. And I got 294 the last two times I shot with the 122 in school. Hmph. Bleah.

320, 320, 320... TRAIN, you lazy, little, daft bugger.

"Black Hawk Down" is showing on TV tomorrow!! YAY!!!

I love "Black Hawk Down". Although I do wonder how on earth they're going to air it tomorrow without censoring about half of it; I mean, there's plenty of violence; it's about the only war movie that I've ever seen which is all war. And then there's the language; F-words and all sorts of other assorted vulgarities being tossed around like they're hotcakes selling at bargain price-- and then there's also the various bodily fluids which should never see the light of day, but which are spilled in copious amounts in the movie.

But I still love it.

Not because I'm some sort of junkie getting my violence fix or anything, but I have a thing for war movies and stories and their do-or-die theme and elements of camaderie.

And the Penguin Cafe Orchestra's music is making me feel really happy. And obviously, anything which makes me happy makes me high. So yes, I'm rather high right now. And you really should go check out their music. I recommend pieces like "Perpetuum Mobile" (which you might remember from the HP Technologies ad which features little stick figures), "Pythagoras's Trousers", and maybe the shorter pieces like "Salty Bean Fumble" (a VERY cute, boppy piece), "Simon's Dream" (only 40 seconds long) and "Paul's Dance" (37 seconds long and brings back fond memories of childhood days and simpler times).

My train of thought is jumping everywhere today.

And now, to serious stuff.

Things Gerri wants/needs/HAS to do during mid-term break:

-Readings!!
-Project Proposals: EL1101E, SC2212
-SSA2202 Essay Critique
-Study for EL1101E mid-term!
-Make a to-do list for every module (which I have wanted to do for a long time and which I have simply kept putting off for.. well, a very long time.)

So that about ends it for today. Shall go listen to my Penguin Cafe Orchestra music and get happy and high on my own and not disturb you folks; and do a twirly whirly whirligig dance for all the small little things which still make our world enchanting. :)

No comments: