Saturday, February 05, 2005

Doodeedoo... :)

History field trip today. Probably one of the most interesting field trips that I've ever been on, which is a little ironic, since it's a history field trip, and history really isn't my cup of tea. As an academic discipline, that is.

I mean, normally, I'd find history really interesting, intriguing even, in small doses, and about things that I myself have an interest in; like the history of things like the Trojan War and such. Even some more recent events in modern history. But as an academic discipline.. I think it'd be a little too heavy for me.

I know; my own choice of major (sociology) isn't exactly very light on the readings either, but with soci, it's... different, in a way. The good thing about sociology is that the readings are (almost?) always interesting. The bad thing is that there tends to be a lot of them. The readings, that is. :P

Oh well. Tralala.

Finished the text reading that I had to do for my SC2218 Reaction Paper after today's field trip, while Ivan was napping; shall now read some of the previous groups' papers to get a general idea of the stuff that I should be writing about, then shall watch the film for the paper on Monday in school and then I'll do some research on the topic on Tuesday, write the thing on Wednesday and submit it on Thursday. Ta-da. I can be organised.

But somehow, I can never stick to it. Bleah. :P

Need to plan my academic.. um, plan for the next three years. Don't want to end up with same problem as Ivan. Or some other people whom I know of but whose names aren't really coming to mind at the moment. :P

Hm... Thomas and his friend were attending today's field trip as well; his friend had this really funny shirt on. Black, with bold, white words in the middle:

SLACKERS UNITE!
TOMORROW.


Cute, no? :D

And speaking of cute, I brought along the book that Kenny gave me yesterday to show Ivan, hahaha...!

The book is called "The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Short Stories". Really damn cute. By Tim Burton, it's a compilation of humorously macabre poems which are usually named after the key characters in them, and the characters' names also say a lot about their key characteristics. I.e.: "Stain Boy" leaves greasy stains everywhere, "Char Boy" is really something like coal, and "Match Stick Girl" really is a match stick.

I finished reading it in about ten minutes, but it's really the sort of thing that you'd probably never get tired of. Coz in addition to the humorous lines, there're these adorable (albeit slightly morbid) illustrations by Tim Burton himself on almost every page. :)

Right now, I've already read it from cover to cover about three times already and it still amuses me to no end. :D

My personal favourite: "Roy, The Toxic Boy", followed by "Melonhead".

And I think I can remember "Melonhead":

There was a morose melonhead
Who sat around all day
And wished he was dead

But you should always
Be careful what you wish
For the next thing he heard
Was a deafening squish.


Heehee... Cute, isn't it. :P

Lunch at Kenny's place yesterday was good too.. Man, Kenny can cook. :) Very lovely VERY cheesy pasta.

One of the things that I've had on my "List of Things to do at least once in my life" for a very long time: "Eat a whole block of cheddar cheese all by myself!!!" :D :D :D

There's also "Eat a whole baguette by myself" and "Own and drive a Maserati Spyder" (preceded by "Learn to drive" and "Succeed in learning to drive" just above it :P) and "Buy more than ten books in a single trip to the bookstore" and much further down the list, there's "Buy Kinokuniya and all her merchandise". But I suppose that last one can wait till much later. :P

Maybe one of these days, I'll consolidate the whole crazy thing and stick it up here. :)

No comments: