Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Maybe I should change my minor. From English Studies to Gender Studies.

Gender Studies does sound more appealing to me than English Studies. Plus, I'm still kinda leery of both E Lang and to a lesser extent, E Lit as well.

O week precamp was somewhat disappointing, because of e rain that we had for the greater part of both days. And somewhere in the middle of it, I realised just how important people can be. I mean, as in, what important determining factors people can be.

I still remember when Xuzi called on Saturday night asking if I would be coming for precamp, and I was suddenly given the option of completely staying out of O week (which I was told Alvin had already taken).

I was so inclined to skip O week completely since Rag definitely needs all the manpower that it can get, but in the end, I still told Xuzi that I'd be there for precamp. Not sure why. Maybe I felt that as an MC member, I should at least be around to help for one of our major projects. Maybe it was just because Ivan would be there. Probably more of the latter.

And then as early as the night before precamp, I realised that even if Ivan was there, I probably wouldn't be able to spend much time with him anyway; the same thing happened during Arts Camp (although it was better then since it was a stay-in camp and we could at least spend the night together).

But my freshies came into play the next morning; at first, I was quite demoralised when I saw only Carrick, but then Kelvyn showed up as well; Ernest came shortly after, and just as we started ice-breakers, Jennifer came back from her medical checkup. And when we were starting the second of our ice-breakers, who else did I see saunter up to the registration table but Ben. Later, Jennifer even said that Elda would be coming for O Week itself as well, although she couldn't come for the precamp.

Six of my seven freshies are coming back as freshie councillors, and watching them interact and laugh and joke like Arts Camp had never ended, it made me think that maybe O Week might be better for me than it was last year.

No comments: