Friday, July 22, 2005

Well, I suppose birthdays are meant to be happy.

It happened again this year; I forgot my own birthday. How sad is that. And I think that almost everyone who knows me forgot as well. (Although I don't really expect anyone to remember insignificant little me, haha. :P) Only remembered when Pam messaged me to say happy birthday in the afternoon, while I was at work. And later, in the evening, Beatrice messaged!!

Haha... the last time I heard from Beatrice was in J2, when she and Josephine went to all the trouble to get my number from someone just to wish me happy birthday... and I haven't even seen either of them ever since we left secondary school. Turns out that Beatrice is starting first year at NTU this coming Monday; good luck to her; have fun, girl. :)

And sadly, while friends whom I haven't seen for years can remember my birthday, my boyfriend can't.

Yes, Ivan forgot my birthday. Only remembered when I told him, and then there was a long silence on the other end of the phone, and then, a half-mollified, half-apologetic tone asking, "Oh yah... 22nd, right?"

Sigh. Oh well.

Not the best birthday this year, considering the stuff which has happened today, which I don't really want to say here, but thanks Pam and Beatrice for the birthday wishes.

(Update: Thanks to Benedict too; he messaged at 11.55 pm, so by right, there were still 5 minutes left. Haha.)

No comments: