Saturday, October 08, 2005

I am my own undoing,
This hardened core that keeps its grudges
Like marks scored in the walls
Four strokes down and a stroke
'Cross them all;
Such sweet nothings you spoke
And it turned out they really were
Nothing at all.
How blind is blind
And what faith are words worth?

This is the sharp point of my paralysis
And the fine edge of my anger;
It bleeds out forced and concentrated--
Mars the endless white expanse.

Cold nights alone with a seething darkness
And a wish for a dream
For a lightbulb to shatter
And to rip its filament to shreds
That its light would never again shine
So it would only last have shone for me

But I do not hate you enough
To not want to love you.

And to throw myself against the walls
Hard enough to splatter;
Hearing all those cliches about
All that really matters,

Amor Vincit Omnia.
How beautifully you lie.

No comments: