Sunday, October 30, 2005

Proving ridiculously hard to find many papers on the subject of gendered roles in cooking. Online, at least.

Must polish up conclusion for American Law paper later.

Will also not play more than 4 NavyField battles in a row. Unless I'm on a roll and I get to know more Fubuki players and they help our team torp whore and-- Never mind. I probably don't make any sense to most of you reading this right now. So if you feel like it and have the time to spare, go take a look at NavyField's site.

It's an MMOTSG; unlike MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), the TSG at the end here stands for Tactics Simulation Game. You get to own ships, buy ships, outfit them with guns and enlist sailors, and when you reach Level 12, you get to choose one of four nations in the game (Germany, USA, UK or Japan) and buy a ship from there after deciding the nationality of your sailors.

This morning, I reached said level 12 and immediately set my top sailors' nationalities to German and bought myself a pretty Z1 Destroyer. Only problem is that I can't fit it with torpedo tubes till I reach level 15, but that's okay. Not too bad. I can deal. My credits are seriously diminished after buying the ship and outfitting it.

And I'm making friends in the game. Haha.

Some guy called "ogwarlord" declared me a "worthy opponent" earlier this morning, and in a rather funny episode, someone called "addenosis" tried to make friends, but there was a language barrier. So it basically went: he said hi, I said hi back, coz I recognised him from the previous room we had been in, and then he typed something in a language that I didn't understand. And I told him so.

And the one other guy who was in the room with us at the time started laughing at it all. :D

Good players that I see around lots of the time... "infernous", "indolent", "citan7"... among a few others. "indolent" gets really crazy with his Fubuki. A Fubuki is a model of a Japanese destroyer which carries no guns and only has torpedo tubes (a LOT of them); this means the ship is a lot lighter, moves a lot faster, and is a lot deadlier. Torps do plenty of damage, needless to say.

I almost laughed once when I was playing a small game, and when we first set off, one guy remarked to another who was keeping pace with the Fubuki on our team, "let the fubu get ahead". Yeah, so we can let the Fubu torp whore the other side. Haha.

I haven't even been playing for a very long time; only two weeks, and I'm level 13 already. It's really easy to advance through the lower levels.

This is giving me ideas, I'm telling you. I wanna get my own laptop and install NavyField on it... then I'll play in school, haha. And hopefully the wireless doesn't constantly die out on me then.

Shall get back to essaying away.

No comments: