Thursday, August 24, 2006

Am going to be so dead tomorrow.

Both literally and metaphorically speaking.

I swear that one day, when you look up "madness" in the dictionary, my picture's gonna be on there. What other kind of idiot goes for a bash on Thursday night when she has class from 8am-6pm on Friday?

Madness. Idiocy. Gerri.

Synonymous, no.

Anyway. Doing the student helper thing in the AS7 com lab again. Watching the minutes tick away before I can scurry back to Hall to get ready and leave with the other girls. Busy ignoring my Welfare and Social Justice reading for tomorrow's lesson in front of me. Because all that it's done for the whole of yesterday and today is confuse me.

And this is only the second reading.

Saw a friend just now who's also taking the course, and as she hasn't zapped the reading yet (you're so gonna die, girl), I lent her mine to do so. She was flipping through it when she was done and she asked, "He (our lecturer) wants to explain this in one and a half hours?"

The first thing which popped into my head was: "Huh? Explain?"

And being oh-so-intelligent and being in the habit of speaking without thinking, it happened to be the first thing that popped out of my mouth as well.

But, I saved myself by elaborating: "He's not gonna explain; it's taken for granted that we've all read and understood it, so all we're gonna do is discuss."

I.e: Confuse yourself even further if you don't even understand the reading itself in the first place.

"Oh, man," was her reply.

Yeah, you and me both, girl.

We're two of the seven Year 3s in the module fighting with the remaining thirty-two Year 4s for a good grade. And if the readings carry on like this.....

Someone save me.

No comments: