Monday, December 12, 2011

I just realised that this was my 300th tweet, which was posted yesterday.


"Rainy morning. Don't wanna get out of bed..." is what it says. XD


EDIT (21st May 2012):

Well, an anonymous person left a comment (the same comment posted on three different posts, really) to say that the grammar in this tweet is wrong:

DERU SHITA KUNAI IS WRONG GRAMMAR.

Make sure you do not displayed wrong grammar on the web. It is a disgrace.

Do not boast about being top in class when your grammar is below standard. Which Japanese school are you attending?

you should remove your picture and message from your blog. dont disgrace yourself with poor grammar



Since it's an anonymous comment, I can't reply to it directly. So in case that person decides to actually follow up and see if I do anything about their comment, I've decided to just reply here.

Well, it was a mistake. *shrugs* It happens when you're learning stuff, doesn't it?

I don't think it's a disgrace, actually. Because everybody has to learn somehow, so if anyone wants to laugh at my mistake, I'm fine with it. I was barely through Intermediate-2 classes at the time of this post, so there was still lots more to learn. :)

Also, if you would like to know what school I'm attending, I will tell you, but first, let me say this: do not judge the school by its students. There are plenty of classes with lots of other students, and I don't think I'm any kind of shining example of their academic excellence. Every school has good students and bad students; the teachers can only do the best that they can.

Me "boasting" about being top in class? Well, I scored the highest on a test; who wouldn't be happy about that? But this was a mark of just 76/100, in a class of nine students, myself included. 76% is average, to me. And nine students is really, really few people; any kind of scoring among so few people is not a benchmark for anything. If I could score full marks or something for the JLPT, then that would be something that I'd properly boast about.

I attended Bunka Language Private School (in Singapore, if you're not from here). Their pace is rather fast; not everyone can catch up. I consider myself lucky that I'm one of the few who was able to keep up, and as we went on to higher levels, juggling work, revision, homework and other things I do in my free time, I just barely managed to stay on top of things.

But my classes are over for now; I haven't started Pre-Advanced classes yet, and as of our final test in Intermediate-4, I was placed third in class. I could've scored about 10+ marks more if I'd memorised all the keigo forms, and actually placed first again, but hindsight is 20/20, and it's already over anyway. At least I still had an acceptable mark of 73%.

Thank you, anonymous, for your concern about me being disgraced by my poor grammar, but it's really quite all right. We all need to live and learn from embarrassing mistakes. :)

No comments: