Monday, April 09, 2012

Look what I found today while we were out for lunch at Vivocity!

The bookmark of my dreams!!!



Yes, it does sound rather nerdy - who on Earth has "dream bookmarks"?? Well, Gerri does. :D

If you can't tell what it is just from the picture, it's basically a large rubber-band-ish thing, with a little hand pointing out the exact line where you stopped reading. It's not too tight, so it won't damage book covers and pages by warping, bending or folding them. And its size should be suitable for most QP-sized books. That means Quality Paperback; books that usually around 20 by 13 cm. That's the term that I know it by, but sometimes these sizes are also called "B-format paperbacks".

And Gerri has always wanted to make a bookmark with a sort of slider thingy, which would slide up and down the vertical page marker, so that you'd remember which line you stopped at on the page.

I've thought of making something like that since I was about 9 or 10? But I didn't know how to make sure that it wouldn't be too bulky or anything. And now there's this!

Oh, I am so ridiculously happy. :D

Only thing is that it's $12.90 each (slight ouch); otherwise, I'd have been tempted to get two instead of one; one for my travel reading book, and one for my bedside reading.

Just in case anyone who's reading this is interested, this nifty little thing is by Fred & Friends; click to get to their website! They've got an online catalogue full of tons of other nifty things! :D

No comments: