Friday, January 27, 2006

Don't you wish sometimes that there were 36 hours in a day...

You know, an extra 12 hours for the time that you'll spend sleeping. And I know, some people are gonna tell me that they don't sleep 12 hours anyway, but my point is that if we had that extra 12 hours, then you could *really* have a 24-hour-long-day (*DAY*-- as in, not including night), and then you could sleep for 12 hours!

I find myself thinking about what I want to do during the holidays. I know. It's shocking that I'm thinking that far ahead.

But the thing is, I'm already committing to FOP projects, especially since all the committees are forming now. I'm officially committed to Flag as DPD again; Rag, as one of the tech leaders under hard-tech; and unofficially committed to Arts Camp, since Jingyi, the Rag PD, feels that all the raggers should be involved in Arts Camp for us to better reach out to the freshies.

And while I see her point and agree with her reasoning, I'd actually rather not be involved in Arts Camp. It's immense fun, but tiring as all hell. Plus, I don't want to be a councillor; I'm a decidedly anti-social person sometimes, and the idea of running around with a group of freshies doesn't appeal to me-- I don't want to run around! I'd rather be part of the comm or helping out behind the scenes, so I'm hoping that Night Venture or Logistics will need help, and I *know* that Logistics will definitely need all the help they can get. You can never have too many people in Logistics. Well, then again, too many cooks spoil the broth, but you know what I mean.

So here's the thing. I desperately want to pull up my CAP-- it's been improving every semester so far, but not as fast as I'd like it to-- so I'm considering taking the special term, and taking one or two modules (and I hope they offer modules which I can take) so I can lighten my workload in my third year by taking less modules and being able to spend more time on each of them.

But fighting for my attention this holiday are not just the FOP projects, but work, applying for a Resident Assistant (RA) position at one of the student residences, and it's very likely that our own NUS Indoor Shoot will be in June.

If I get the RA position (which I'd like since I'd like to get the chance to stay on campus for at least one sem, just for the experience; plus, I'm also going on the assumption that this might help my grades improve), I might not be able to work outside, and this would be sucky. RA means that you need to be around to help the residents with stuff, but you don't get paid per se, coz you're being given the room for free.

And I have no idea if it's possible to juggle Special Term, FOP, RA duties, and training for competition all at the same time. Shall have to find out more and see about it, but it sounds insane.

Speaking of which; I realised on Thursday that my training schedule is madness. For that matter, Vincent and I are mad. I didn't know my insanity was contagious.

I have no clue how what started as an idea for us to shoot together on a non-training day, in a competition shoot format, once a week, and take scores, became a six-days-a-week training programme.

We have training on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

So originally our self-scheduled shoot was on Monday evenings. Then it included Wednesday evenings too. And Fridays, eventually.

My back muscles are always sore in the evenings when I get home-- half the time I don't even notice it anymore.

But I'm not improving as fast as I want to be. And now I have to get used to the clicker, and the huge amount of weight that the extender and side stabilisers add on to the bow.

My new carbon arrows are lovely, though. Despite the fact that they've caused me to become completely, absolutely flat-out broke because the whole set cost me $100; the whole set of shafts, points, nocks and fletches. :P But I do feel a lot more comfortable with my equipment now. So will just have to train like mad. :P

No comments: