Friday, January 13, 2006

Problems, problems, work and more problems.

My form has closed up a lot ever since I increased the poundage of my bow. Last night, thanks to our new coach, I realised that my elbow doesn't come back as far as it's supposed to.

I can't remember if it used to come back all the way with my old bow, but for now, I'll just assume that it did, to convince myself that it's doable. Haha. In fact, it probably *is* doable; it's just that right now, the resistance I'm encountering when I draw is just a tad too much. Still haven't got used to pulling 34 pounds yet. Sigh.

Sort it out and move on and quickly; competition is on 19th Feb.

Have currently decided to name this new bow; blue Hoyt GM riser and W&W Winact carbon limbs and all.

I named my old Samick Progress-1 bow "Artemis", for the Greek goddess of the moon; since Cancer's (my zodiac sign) planet is supposed to be the moon, and since Artemis was supposed to be fairly vengeful, which I am as well. :P And also, Artemis was the Goddess of the Hunt, usually depicted with a bow and arrows. :D

So now, this one shall be:

Fidelis -e [trusty , steadfast, faithful]; m. as subst., esp. pl., [confidants, faithful friends]. Adv. fideliter, [faithfully; securely, without danger].

Terminus Est. This is the line of division; here lies uncertainty's end.

No comments: