Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I can be productive.

Stayed over in school last night, and here's what got accomplished:

SC3101: From half the course pack left, I've whittled it down to a quarter. All that's left are the Jose Rizal readings. And those might not even really need to be done. Maybe I'll just skim through, and rely mostly on my lecture notes; I have excellent lecturers.

SC3219: 4 textbook readings done. Currently left with 5 more.

One week to my first paper: GE3206.

One week to complete the whole semester's worth of readings, cause I've had an all too convenient tendency forget about my Geog readings because they all have to be downloaded from IVLE (and they can only be downloaded once, due to copyright law, and I don't have a laptop, so it's not like I can print them anytime I like in school. And if I tried printing all these PDF files at home, my mum would have a fit).

It's always amazed me; why in the hell doesn't the Geography department give their students course packs like almost every other department does? Looking at the number of readings which the Geog majors I know have for their modules, why not??

Please don't tell me it's to save paper. That's a lame excuse and they'll end up getting printed anyway.


Eugene is a good study/bitching partner.

When the table got too noisy for studying due to a number of Year 3s doing what they really shouldn't be doing at this time of the year and this point of their academic life: "You wanna come over and study with me instead?"

While talking about our plans for world domination acing papers: "On; if you stay over, I'll stay."

Besides having similarly annoying body clocks (which means I don't have to wake people up this time; I've spent more time in my undergraduate life than is normal, I think, giving people wake-up calls), between the two of us, we can motivate each other to focus and take breaks together so there isn't a dull moment.

Speaking of breaks, with Chong Han's newfound obsession with Bridge, he's a bloody devil's advocate. Guan Jie as well. Somehow, Chong Han manages to turn a game of Bridge into Bluff, though. -_-

(I really do think I'm getting better with all this practice, though! :D)

Most important of all: the two of us irritate each other enough to keep both of us awake.

So the end result is that yesterday and today are *super* productive days. :D

Round two on Friday night! I'll bring some of my music so we don't have to be stuck with your slow songs, Eugene. Lol. :P

No comments: