Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's been a lazy weekend. Which, of course, is the best kind of weekend. :)

Started reading "Wicked", which I bought last weekend when Kinokuniya was having a 20% off for members. Seems pretty funny so far, but now the only problem is that I can't remember a lot of the little details which were in "Wizard of Oz"... which "Wicked" is a prequel of - I read "Wizard of Oz" years ago... I think it was when I had chickenpox when I was 9. Since I was all laid up in bed with nothing to do, I read, and finished the book in a day. Lol.

Also, I finished all ten episodes of "Gaikoukan Kuroda Kousaku" (外交官 黒田康作) yesterday! Or early this morning, rather. XD Came across a few reviews on Thursday while I was off from work, which said that it's a pretty good series, so decided to give it a try. It was airing in Japan early this year (Jan - Mar), but I'd decided to give it a miss because I wasn't too sure if I'd like the subject material much - politics and all that.

Very complicated storyline though. Not so complicated that people get thoroughly lost, but complicated enough that it takes the second-to-last episode and the main character to fill in all the gaps and make the connections clearer for you, and in that moment, the lightbulb just flickers and "ding!" Epiphany. :p

Why do the whole reveal in the second-to-last episode, you might wonder? Wouldn't they save it for the last episode? That's what I thought too, but then you find out that they've saved the last episode for a little more plotting and scheming to round out the whole story with a bittersweet ending. Brilliant, I tell you.

And...! I didn't know this before watching it, but Nishi's in it! I was watching the first episode and still puzzling over the logic and connections, when suddenly, towards the end, Nishi just... walks into the scene. Quite literally. And I was like, "Eh, wait, what, he's in this??"

(Can I just throw in at this point that I wish Shinjiro did more TV dramas instead of movies? XD Not keitai - "mobile phone" in Japanese - dramas though. No more of those, please. Because people outside Japan can't watch them. (T_T) )

Nishi plays a sort of minor character, in the sense that his character doesn't have much screen time, and his actions don't move the plot along very much. However, after the big reveal of the whole plotline in the second-to-last ep, you realise that the part of the story which takes place during the show is pretty much set in motion by the actions of his character. Interestingly done.

And also, in other news, "Zero" has grown by another two pages. Thanks to Naoya-muse and Shinjiro-muse, who have now thrown a twist screwdriver whole bloody toolbox into the storyline.

I DID NOT KNOW THE STORY WAS GOING TO BE LIKE THAT.
What have the two of you DONE...?!?!

*muses run away, giggling*

Oh, I hate all of you.



Well, okay, not really.

No comments: