Monday, September 15, 2003

I will not talk about today's Econs and Lit papers.

Okay, suffice to say that they sucked.

But actually, not as much as usual.

I actually wrote twice as much as I normally write for Econs essays, and the only thing that really sucked in Lit was the "Othello" question.

Oh well. Guess that'll have to do for now... still have two more papers to do for both those subjects, anyway. The grades are still salvageable.

Damn, I said that I wouldn't talk about it!!

Moving on now.

Yesterday, a new show replaced Gilmore Girls.... apparently it ended its current season last week and I wasn't even aware that I was watching the last ep of it. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a new show either at that time slot on Sundays.

Singapore needs to cut down on weekday TV show ads. Spare some thought for the weekends!!

Anyway, new show. It's called Everwood, about life in this small little town called Everwood in Colorado.

Man, it's beautiful.

This tiny little town nestled the Rockies....it's really beautiful. I hope it's a real place. I might wanna migrate there when I get older.

Maybe I'll go look it up.

The characters are really sweet people too. And there's Gregory Smith on it. Reasonably good-looking guy; remember the main character in "Small Soldiers"? Yeah, that was him.

(Remember how I said that all the good-lookers were coming out of the woodwork at an accelerated rate too??)

I've worked it out; as of Sept 24, I'll be watching 5 hours of TV a week.

An increase of two hours. 5 hours of TV in a week sounds like too much to me when you consider that I should be studying for the A's in two months time.

Have to stop thinking about TV. 5 hours. That's it. No more increases in TV time, except maybe to fit in the odd documentary or Monday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday night movie if it's good.

Speaking of Sunday night movies. Channel 5 aired "Man in the Iron Mask" last night.

I've never watched the whole thing before; when it first opened in cinemas here, I wasn't interested in it, and when they first premiered on TV, all I caught was the first half of it.

Anyway, it was a nice one. Loved the ending though.

Rife with so much political drama and entanglements yet positively quite heart-wrenching. Philippe was a really poor thing though.

You try going from spending six years of your life in a disgusting, completely unsanitary prison, straight to being a king and having to rule a country.

I bet it ain't pretty.

I mean, I guess the change in the view and surroundings isn't so bad, plus there's a major elevation in your status and the quality of the food that you're eating, but still.... ruling an entire country as big as France after you've been in jail for six years?

Something tells me that Philippe didn't exactly practise for it by ordering the rats in his cell around.

Odd. I've been sane for three days in a row now. :P

No comments: