Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Woke up at ten am today. Haven't done that since... um. The day after Rag? Haha. :D

Archery training camp was fun. Well, as fun as something which is supposed to be all about "training" can get. Which really, is quite fun, actually. :D

Think it's mostly the fact that it's a rather small group of us, so there's none of the "senior-talking-down-to-junior" kinda thing/feeling. I got that vibe a lot in Guides, back in sec sch; which would've been part of the reason why I never liked it. O_O

But, anyway.

We learned during training camp that after switching to a heavier bow, Gerri's grouping and form have been completely shot to hell. Pun not intended. I was missing that 40 cm target on the first day of camp more often than I was hitting it, and goddamn, I was damn pissed off with myself.

I didn't have the "feeling" either. Y'know, that feeling when you start to draw, right up to the moment when the arrow leaves the bow; the feeling that you have some sense of where the arrow's gonna land and that it's a good shot? I never had that throughout the whole shoot on the first day. Was horrible.

Dinner at McDonalds'! I haven't eaten Mac's for ages, haha. Had a little junior-bonding-happiness there; went back to SRC after that... time for Ben's blobtag, haha. I think Qiao Hui and Ben thought I was nuts. I was bouncing up and down and saying "blobtag, blobtag" over and over in this extremely excited, barely-holding-it-in, kiddy voice. Qiao Hui was laughing at me. Not that I really cared then. Too excited to care. Although I did wonder how we were all gonna run around so much after we'd just had dinner.

Should be noted that my brain was also too excited to hold on to that thought for very long, anyway. Although it did come up again later. :P

Ben started the first round. Came after me first. Of all the people there.... -_-; Logically, getting "blobbed" so early on means more running around, see. Yes, and stupid me couldn't stop properly when I got tagged, so I fell down. I knew that was going to happen. I always fall when I play running games. Stupid feet.

Tagged Rayner next, and later on, when I was running with him, I got dragged. I.e: fell down again. Started to feel completely useless. Foot pain. Meh. Damn bloody tiring.

Concluded that blobtag,-- or any kind of running around, for that matter-- is not to be played immediately after dinner. Or after any meal.

Damn tired... slept at AS7 3rd storey with Rayner, Grace, Huiting, Adnan and Ben. Security guard almost chased us off, but he was nice and let us stay. Yay! :D Altho Ben was grumbling next morning coz the guy came back at about 6.30 to wake us up.

Fun, fun, fun...

After camp ended, had to rush down to Meridien for Thank-You Dinner... why the hell are the first two days of my holiday so bloody packed?!

Never mind, don't answer that, it's my own fault.

Anyway. They said that they'd booked the presidential suite for both the 24th and 25th MC, and I wanted to stay just to see what it was like, haha. Cheap thrill. But, was damn tired. And I wanted to sleep in my own bed, man. So, decided not to stay.

And then, when I got to the hotel and I saw the "presidential suite", I thought maybe it was a good thing that I'd decided not to stay. Haha. It was quite small. Funniest damn thing was that the bathroom took up half the suite, and the living room and bedroom took up the other half. Which means that the bathroom was the biggest room in the suite. Weird, but the bathroom was nice.

So, dinner was nice, was one of those buffet-style dinners, so it ended quite earlyl; which is a good thing. Wanted to go home and sleep!!!

Which I did... and I slept in, of course. Which brings us back to the time when I began typing this. :)

No comments: