Sunday, April 10, 2005

After watching Shaun play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on the PS2 in clubroom on Friday night, I became rather enthralled with the game, so made up my mind to try it sometime, perhaps when the exams are over.

However... I came into clubroom today to study and found, when I first stepped into the room, that I wasn't really in a studying mood.

Long story cut short: MGS2 kept me entertained for the better part of two hours. :D Haven't gotten very far yet, but that doesn't really matter.


Things that playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty teaches you:

1. You require a lot of patience.

2. Usually a lot more patience than the amount which you know yourself to possess.

3. Weapons ar good, weapons are handy, but in the end, don't forget that you still have your hands and arms and legs and are still perfectly capable of unarmed combat. Only in really desperate situations, of course.

4. Trying to sneak past an entire room of people makes for a very amusing situation. Especially when you tranquilise people and they fall asleep standing up. That, or you tranq them, they fall over, and no one notices. (Yes, this is the stage where Otacon wants you to take pictures of the Metal Gear.)

5. The little voice in your head telling you to go study can be really annoying. And loud. Or maybe that's just me.

6. Explosives and infra-red sensors are really... quite... annoying. Especially when you can't bloody see the control unit for the sensors.

7. "People" in games are sometimes blind. Really.

8. I need to learn to threaten people properly.

9. Sometimes you'll wish that Snake could run faster.

10. After a while you'll wonder why the hell you started playing but you'll shrug it off and continue playing coz you'll think that it's "really damn fun" despite the fact that you're trying to take out the bloody infra-red sensors (again) that've blown you up about five times already.


Shall return to my work now. :P If I gain any more... enlightening insights, I shall update this list. :D

No comments: