Tuesday, April 05, 2005

“Young son, it argues a distemper'd head
So soon to bid good morrow to thy bed:
Care keeps his watch in every old man's eye,
And where care lodges, sleep will never lie;
But where unbruised youth with unstuff'd brain
Doth couch his limbs, there golden sleep doth reign:
Therefore thy earliness doth me assure
Thou art up-roused by some distemperature;
Or if not so, then here I hit it right,
Our Romeo hath not been in bed to-night.”


-Friar Laurence, Romeo and Juliet, Act 2 Sc. 3


Gerri has not been in bed either. And is now the worse for it.

Stayed up the whole night to write my second Philo paper, or at least to try and think up points to discuss/argue with, but failed miserably. Second paper was a thousand times more difficult and WORSE than the first; Rene Descartes’ work is interesting and easy enough to understand, but damn it, it’s bloody difficult to argue about in an essay.

I’ve never been so tired in all my life; even the day after Rag last year, I still had more energy than this. Right now, it feels like all my individual organs want to go into hibernation somewhere and not reappear for another 3 months or so.

This current state is the result of not sleeping on Friday night and coming to school early on Saturday morning to help with the semi-finals and finals of Futsal Open, and then staying in clubroom till 11.30 pm that same night to finish and send in my History field trip report. After which, I went home and got about 6 hours of sleep. Then, on Sunday I came to school again to start on the stupid Philo essay, but could not formulate any kind of thoughts on it whatsoever. Damn it.

So here I am now, STILL working on it. I think I'm not going to be very happy with this one and I don't think I'm going to do very well for it. But then again, I doubt that many people will. Friggin' Descartes and Mill and Berlin.

So this Philo essay might probably upset my nice record for this sem: to date, every essay that I've received back has been at least a B-something. Unlike how last sem, I got a C+ for two papers. I hope I get an A- at least, for the History field trip report; I was quite happy with that one.

Sigh. Will get back to my Philo essay now.. darned thing. And hopefully I'll be able to come up with something presentable and hand it in before 1.00 pm, so I'll be able to get at least an hour's sleep before E Lang lecture; otherwise, I'll probably just be concussed throughout the whole two hours of lecture. :S

Oh, the joys of uni life.

No comments: