Sunday, September 18, 2005

Got new carbon limbs on Tuesday. Pity, coz their poundage is 34 pounds, and the current poundage of my bow is only 28. Quite a big jump, so I've decided not to upgrade to a Hoyt riser and the carbon limbs just yet.


My metal bow, with its lovely blue Samick riser. Posted by Picasa

The problem with this is that Samick risers can only take Samick limbs, and Samick doesn't manufacture carbon limbs-- only wooden ones. Carbon limbs are really made of fibreglass, by the way, not carbon, and because they're made of fibreglass, they give a much smoother draw than wooden limbs.

I'm somewhat reluctant to upgrade to carbon limbs because that means I'll have to change the riser to one which fits carbon limbs; something like a Hoyt Gold Medallist riser. And the GM risers are nowhere as pretty as my Samick one. They're all solid colours, and there're only three colours...

But on the other hand, there are the carbon limbs, which are just beautiful:


Winact carbon limbs, by Win&Win archery Posted by Picasa

Now, the picture doesn't really do them justice; they're lacquered and shiny and the silver parts actually gleam under the light.

Sigh. Lovely riser, or lovely limbs? I could just have a black Hoyt riser. That would go quite nicely with the carbon limbs.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: