Saturday, September 10, 2005

Today is a bad day...

Was teaching my group of juniors today during archery, and halfway through their third end, suddenly it was as if someone had smothered my brain in cotton: my vision started to get more and more obscured by a grey "cloud", and my hearing started to get very fuzzy-- like someone had stuffed cotton in my ears.

My first reaction was "Oh, shit."

So went to sit down before I could actually fall over, and asked Zhan Tao to take over for me. Crappy. This has never happened to me before.

Think it was the sun that was especially strong today or something. Nicholas agreed with me on that, and Angel spent the better half of training sitting in the shade with me as well.

And then, after the juniors were done with their shooting, some of the seniors decided to shoot at 30m, so I thought, well.. okay.. Was a bit hesitant coz I've never shot at 30m with my metal bow before, but I thought that as long as I shifted my sight down, it should be all right.

So I moved the sight down. And apparently it wasn't enough.

My first arrow went low, hit the ground and bounced off the zinc fencing at the back of the range. And when we went to retrieve our arrows, I found that it was BENT.

FUCKING hell.

If fletches get nicked or torn, they can be easily replaced, but if the shaft of an arrow gets bent, then it's pretty much useless. Even if you try to bend it back, it'll never be as good as it was.

The most I could do was remove the point so that I could reuse it, but the fletches and nock pretty much had to be condemned along with the shaft. That's worth about $9 in total that I had to throw away. Bloody hell. This is the first major accident that my arrows have had.

And it's terribly upsetting. Sob. :'(

No comments: