Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, hello!

To celebrate the official release of AAA's newest single - "CALL" - today (which I really like), I have here a video clippy of its music video. Dance-y, happy stuff, so eh.. if it's not your cup of tea, don't watch, I suppose.


AAA_CALL by AyanoEtsuko

I really like the way that this video was shot. Quite different from the usual style of having the group dance and taking shots from various angles, and then just interspersing solo parts of each member at certain points in the group shots.

I like the way that there seems to be more of a story in this video. And I like that the feeling of a story is also conveyed through the way that the camera seems to move "through" a scene instead of just being there for the members to dance in front of.

Like when how Nishi and Naoya show the flowers to the elderly butler and then in the next shot, Nishi and Naoya are still right there, while the camera zooms in on Hidaka by the side. And after Hidaka's done with his rap, next angle moves over Hidaka's shoulder to show that Shinjiro and Misako are on the other side of the room. Misako's positioned a ways behind Shinjiro, out of focus and very near the edge of the frame.

I like how this also echoes the music and is kind of a visual representation of who is on leading and backing vocals at that point of the song. After that, pan past Shinjiro to Shuta just behind him, and Chiaki sitting on the couch in the back, also a little out of focus. Again, same thing; illustrates whose vocals are leading here.

Needs a lot of thinking through and conceptualising, I'd think, but it turned out great! :D


And hmm.. I understand that Hamasaki Ayumi's new mini-album is released today as well. One of the songs on it features Naoya (AAA's very own leader and father figure, hurrah!): "ANother Song". Yes, both the A and N in the song title are supposed to be capitalised. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the initials for Ayumi and Naoya's names.

I can't understand much of this one yet... but it does sound quite pretty. :)


Another song by AyanoEtsuko

No comments: