Thursday, January 08, 2004

........Bloody hell.

I can't watch Pirates of the Caribbean without thinking of Lord of the Rings!

Almost everything that "Will Turner" does fairly reeks of "Legolas". Seriously.

My sis pointed out that the way he calms the donkey in the smithy is very Legolas-like, although er.. I don't really think so. :)

But the part where he's standing guard for Jack and Gibbs in the tavern and when Jack says "leverage" and he half-turns to look-- Man, that shot is just...so...Legolas.

And some of the swordplay looks familiar too. But my sis said that it's partly coz the same guy who did the swordplay choreography for LOTR was in it for POTC too.

Oh, but one part that really screams "Lord of the Rings" is when the pirates are sailing into the Isla de Muerta caves for the first time with Elizabeth, and the camera pans from left to right across the cliffs and everything.

There're boats, there's water, panning of camera from left to right, and a slow drum beat going on in the background; the first thing that popped into my head was LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, the scene where the Fellowship are travelling down Anduin.

Good Lord, I sure can ramble when I want to, haha.

Hm.... what else to talk about, anyway?

Oh, yes, my sis borrowed the ROTK soundtrack from her friend, so I get to listen to Billy Boyd's beautiful (ha, alliteration) voice AGAIN!! And of course, Annie Lennox. Musn't forget Annie Lennox. "Into The West" is beautiful.

I need to find more words for my vocabulary.

Howard Shore's ROTK score is eligible for an Oscar.... *does little dance, looks around, then sits down, throughly embarrassed*

Well, of course it would be; he'd better win this time!! Who the hell stole it from him last year, anyway?!?

I love POTC's score too actually... Klaus Badelt did wonderful things with all those drums and brass instruments; absolutely cool music. But it doesn't beat Howard Shore's stuff, of course. :D

Lalala..... I need a life.

I'm presently trying to draw... and failing miserably.

Trying to draw the horse on Rohan's banner; failing, of course, but haven't given up. Er.. yet.

Will try Gondor's White Tree later. Hopefully I don't deface it. o.O

I managed to write out the Ring verse, though... it looks quite pretty. :)

Hm. I really need a life. Oh well. :)

No comments: