Monday, March 08, 2004

Been raining the whole day!! Surprisingly, there isn't already about two metres of water on the ground or something....

And once again, we have our drainage system to thank.

But it's kinda creepy, coz I've just watched the trailer for "The Day After Tomorrow" and there's this one part in in where two guys are looking out a window and there's a thunderstorm going on outside, lashing the window and everything, and the guy who's closer to the camera suddenly remarks, "It's been raining like this for three days now."

Yes, well, that's coz in the movie, the thunderstorms are precursor to what-- from the trailer-- looks like hundreds of hurricanes striking later all at the same time.

Have decided that I wanna watch it.

Global warming, massive climate change, the dawn of a new Ice Age-- basically an apocalyptic event; hey, count me in. :D Not to mention that this is from the guy who directed "Independence Day", and I loved "Independence Day". :)

Sad thing is, I don't think the actual end of the world is very far off from now.

Shall soon have to make a list of movies that I wanna watch. Think I'll put it in the sidebar there on the left.

Ah, almost forgot to mention: Laura's in the Ms Singapore-Universe semi-finals! :D

My class is gonna go support her on Thurs, 7.30 pm at Wisma; too bad Edison will still be in camp then. If any CJ people are reading this, come and support too!! Bring rotten eggs to throw at the other contestants, haha. :P

This is so cool; I'm gonna know someone who's famous! Haha, just kidding. I'm happy for her, really; must be cool to have got so far in the competition, and imagine if she wins! She'll get to go to Panama (or wherever it's being held) and it'll really be an experience. Even if she doesn't get into the finals, maybe some model agency might scout her out at the semis; she'll still have a pretty good career ahead of her!

No comments: