Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Lord of the Rings won EVERYTHING THAT IT WAS NOMINATED FOR!!!!

Jesus Christ, I just can't make the words big enough!! I want 'em to jump off the screen and smack right in your face to show how bloody overjoyed I am but I can't do that, haha. Aren't you thankful. :P

And on top of that, not only does it tie for most Oscar winnings and it's also only the third film to win all its nominations but it's also the FIRST EVER fantasy film to win the Best Picture!!!!

Man, to know in your heart that they could take everything is one thing, but to see it actually happen right before your eyes really does take your breath away!!!

God I am so bloody happy for them!!!

And to every bloody stupid critic who said that a fantasy film couldn't win the Best Picture, TAKE THAT!!!-- not only did they win the Best Pic, they won EVERYTHING ELSE too!!

The hobbits were all there; they were so adorable! Orlando Bloom wasn't there; minor but expected disappointment for me, but er, spotting Johnny Depp on the red carpet about 10 mins into the pre-show segment more than made up for it, haha. He looks great after he cut his hair. :D

And he was sitting in the second row of the third block of seats from stage left, so it was damn distracting every time the camera zoomed out to follow someone onto stage to receive the award, coz he was always visible, haha. He's a scene-stealer all right, lol.

He didn't win the Best Actor thing tho, which was a bit of a disappointment, but yeah, Sean Penn deserved it, he did. Johnny Depp's got his SAG Award, anyway. Now that just looks wrong when you type it out, haha....

And how lucky can some people get??

They started the show with Billy Bush riding with Keisha Castle-Hughes to the venue and he was asking her who she'd like to see before they got out of the limo; she said Johnny Depp, and about a minute before the show starts proper, Billy Bush reappears before the camera and gets Keisha Castle-Hughes out of her seat and brings her over to meet, well, Johnny Depp.

I was rambling on about that all night, and my sister says that I have this big Johnny Depp obsession now which she wishes I'd just get over, but really it's not so much the guy himself; I mean, how many people wish to get to see someone and they get that wish granted in less than half an hour??

There are lots of folks that I'd like to meet, but my problem here is that half of 'em are six feet under and the other half are just way out of my league; chances of even passing them on the street are about squat, mainly because I live on the other side of the world.

'Course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to meet Johnny Depp, haha. I'd like to meet the guy, yeah I would, and if I actually get to do that, I'd wanna ask him how he does it, y'know? Just doing what he wants and not giving a flying fuck what everyone else thinks and how everyone still loves him for that, coz where I come from, when you don't give a shit what everyone else thinks, people hate you and say that you've got your head up your own ass.

Sigh. Oh well.

I was actually laughing at Orlando Bloom in Johnny Depp's Best Actor nomination vid coz he was covered in sand and was filthy, lol. Very big diff, as compared to Legolas coz Legolas was always so clean! I was wondering what all the LOTR people might be thinking when they saw that; finally get to see Elf-boy get all dirty and everything, haha.

I'm still high from yesterday, haha.....

All right, I'm gonna go off and be happy for Lord of the Rings and PJ and Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens and the whole lot of them now. And I'll be somewhere where I won't bother anyone with my incessant rambling, haha. :D

No comments: