Sunday, March 28, 2004

Woohoo... yesterday's outing was really fun!!! :D :D

John, Wei Jian, Wan Juan, Pam and me....

Went to Cine for lunch; Suki Ramen. The bowls and spoons were ridiculously huge, but I thought the food was pretty good. Especially loved the soup and the pork chops that came as my side dish. At one point, while we were eating at that restaurant, we were the only ones who were in it; it was really quiet, as compared to our first choice of eatery: Pastamania one floor down was really crowded; people were even queuing for tables. And I had no idea that you could actually reserve tables at Pastamania. There was enough place for about 15 people reserved at the back.

Anyway, while we were eating, Wei Jian suggested going to Swensen's for ice cream, but when we got to the outlet near Taka, it was crowded... again. So we walked to PS and ate there instead. I had a double scoop of orange and lime sherbet; YAY!! I haven't eaten sherbet in ages!! :D

John was wondering what sherbet is, probably because my ice cream looked pretty odd coz my two blobs of ice cream were a bright shade of orange and green respectively, haha. Wei Jian answered him anyway before I could explain; he said it was damn sour stuff that was eaten by pregnant women.

That's Wei Jian for you. Insulting, as always. But he's fun, lol.

Anyway, among the three of us (John, Wei Jian and me, that is) we managed to establish that I love sour stuff just as much as sweet stuff. Sour mangoes, sour kana, preserved fruits, AND my sherbet!! :D :D

After ice cream, we walked back a little ways to Meridien Hotel where we played pool; was really fun!! It's actually the first time that I've played pool with friends; before, I only played at the club with my cousins and at a hotel in Malacca, which is where my dad first taught me to play. :D

John had to leave at about 6 coz he was meeting Wai Lun somewhere, that was a pity, but on the bright side, I learned a few new things. :) Wan Juan taught me and Wei Jian that you can actually play pool with three people; that is, three people choose five numbered balls, either 1-5, or 6-10 or 11-15, and then you try to hit everyone else's balls in; you can't even hit your own balls.

Wei Jian picked 1-5, and Wan Juan and I managed to hit four of his balls in, and between the two of us, we were trying to hit his last ball for about two rounds, and I finally got it in, haha...

Wan Juan won in the end, though. Both of us had two balls each still on the table, but she managed to get both of mine in. Wan Juan's really good; think she has a lot of practice!

Oh, and we taught Pam how to play!! Haha.... she paired up with Wan Juan, and I was with Wei Jian, when we played doubles after John left. Pam actually didn't hit much, but like I told her before we started that game, Wan Juan could hit enough for both of them anyway, haha... :D

And yeah, they did win, haha. Pam put the eight ball in too. :D

Wan Juan went off to meet her friends after we were done, and Wei Jian went to meet his friends too. Pam and I walked around for a while and we went back to PS and I bought myself a badge with a snarky, insulting message on it. I've been dying to own one of those for ages! Haha... anyway, mine declares that : "I am multi-talented. I can talk and piss you off at the same time." :D :D

It was the best one in the shop, haha. The best were mostly kinda lame.

And Pam got to have a better look at the jacket that she wanted; it was this really cool thing with two layers, but the inside layer that was made of wool can be removed and worn on its own and so can the nylon layer outside! It's a detachable sorta thing, so you can either wear the wool one or the nylon one, or you can wear both at the same time in a cold country! And it has a hood too, like any decent jacket should. :D And it costs only about $35 after the 40% discount that the store has. Quite a good price, I think.

Walked around the shopping centre... went into a lot of makeup stores looking at perfumes and pretty glittery, sparkly lipsticks and lip glosses and nail polish. Lol. I've come to realise that about the only reason why I like make up is coz it's colourful, haha... I wouldn't really use it, since I don't go out very often, but I love sparkly, glittery stuff. Almost all the nail polish that I've ever bought has glitter or sparkles in it, after all.

On a side note, Maybelline's 3D Glitters lipstick is really sparkly. And it costs $15.50. :p And I want Red Earth's "Free", which costs $39. :D

We went downstairs to Marks and Spencer's then, and Pam and I were ridiculously tempted to buy a whole lot of stuff, but she settled for some chips (if I remember right) and I bought bacon rashers! I love bacon rashers and I obviously haven't eaten those in ages too, haha. Wonderfully salty and tasty and absolutely yummy.... :D

Oh, and then we bought Lime Bacardi Breezer, it's only $4 now! Pam drank hers on the way to Taka, but I brought mine home, haha. She'd turned slightly red in the face by the time we got to Taka, lol.

We walked to Taka after that coz I wanted to drop off my library books and then we went downstairs to Kino and I finally bought "The Silmarillion"!! Isn't it wonderful; Gerri finally owns a copy of the Silmarillion! YAY!!!

Haha... I loved yesterday!! I wish everyday could be like yesterday!! :D

No comments: