Sunday, March 07, 2004

Went for alumni band yesterday and only got back home at 12.45 am this morning. :P

We went out to celebrate Wai Yee's bday; just bought her a simple little cake and went round the back of Esplanade, found a quiet spot and settled down to sing her happy birthday and let her make her wish and then we all ate cake.

Was damn tired in church today, but forced myself to stay awake and pay close attention to the sermon coz must be thankful for my results, esp my A for Literature and B3 for GP. :P

Went out with Pam and Syl today to watch "Something's Gotta Give"; it was quite funny, actually; and it's only the second romantic comedy that I've ever watched in my life! Haha...

Had Pastamania for lunch, Creamy Chicken pasta and mocha. And I just had spaghetti for dinner again, haha. Could get used to this. :P

Saw a cheerleading competition at the large open space just outside Taka today; looked fairly scary, with all the usual throwing of bodies into the air and everything. But it was kinda strange coz the guys weren't really strong enough to heft the girls into the air at one go; they had to toss them a little, bounce them a bit to gather momentum and then flip them up.

I have three library books; plenty to keep me occupied, plus enough puzzling to do about Uni and all that crap, and my sis has managed to borrow Tolkien's "Silmarillion" so that'll about keep me pretty happy. :D

Saw Yao Guang when I got off the bus when I reached home; he was jogging and I think he didn't recognise me at first coz he glanced up, noticed me, and then later he looked up again and then he waved, haha. I've actually kinda forgotten that he lives around here.

Now currently have four choices of courses in mind: Psychology (tho highly unlikely I'll get in), Philosophy (would love to take this, despite the fact that there's probably not much of a career in it), Law (don't really want this, but apparently, my B3 for GP qualifies me for it; altho my Econs grade isn't fantastic, but why the hell would Law require Econs?? Unless you wanna do company law? I'm not even sure what that is and what it entails) or Journalism (veering more and more towards this as time passes; altho I'll be slogging my ass off in this career before I manage to get anywhere near the top).

Well, that's it for Gerri's semi-interesting day. Ta.

No comments: