Friday, December 24, 2004

Oh my God, oh my God, so excited!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry. Haha. Just had to blog after seeing this: the trailer for "Kingdom of Heaven", starring.. ahem, Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, Edward Norton, Marton Csokas and Brendan Gleeson!!

Okay, so I don't really care for the last two so much, but they're familiar names, so I just had to add them in, haha.

Liam Neeson and Jeremy Irons don't need much speaking for; I loved Jeremy Irons' performance in "Man In The Iron Mask", anyway; he looked very French with that trimmed moustache that he sported for the film.

Edward Norton; the first time I ever saw him was in "Primal Fear", and I just loved him in that film. Since then, I've always made a minor fuss about anything with Edward Norton in it. :D :P

And if the names Marton Csokas and Brendan Gleeson don't ring a bell, well, here's something that should help:

Marton Csokas played Celeborn in the LOTR movies; Galadriel's husband, for those of you heathens who didn't read the books. :P

Brendan Gleeson played Menelaus in "Troy". And by the way, it's pronounced "ME-ne-LAY-us", not "ME-ne-LAOS" as in the movie. The movie is filled with a LOT of gross discrepancies, anyway, but I won't go into that; I'd go on rambling forever otherwise. In short, the story just isn't the same when you exclude all the Olympian gods and the parts that they played in the Trojan War. But I can sympathise; a story of that magnitude just wouldn't be able to fit on the big screen otherwise, let alone draw large crowds.

As for Orlando Bloom, well, surprise, surprise. I think he's finally "blooming", so to speak. :D

From what I've seen in the trailer, his acting is LOADS better than it was in "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Troy"; it's no longer as "cringy" at certain parts and seems more natural, less rehearsed-- in the way that musicals and Broadway plays always seem rehearsed and over-dramatised, but the difference is that with the latter two, they're supposed to be that way. :D With screen, it needs to flow, and although I'm a fan, I do realise that he hasn't really hit that mark yet in his previous movies, so really, I do actually wonder why all those directors are raving about him. :P

The soundtrack featured in the trailer is lovely as well; and Orlando Bloom gets to do a "Hector"; that is, he gets to do things like raise his sword and yell really loudly and charge and spur others into battle. Haha.

And there are a few moments in the film where the scenes are dead ringers for scenes in either "Troy" or the "Lord of the Rings" movies, but really, it still looks really good! Can't wait!!

But it looks like I'll have to. Sigh. 6th of May 2005. Sob.

Oh well. Anyway, here's the trailer for you folks, so that you can finally see what I've been ranting on about for the last 15 minutes. :D

Kingdom of Heaven (QuickTime required)

No comments: