Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Got back my E Lang mid-term yesterday; did quite all right, though I think I still have a bone to pick with the issue of the "small hippo" not being "small". -_-

See, thing is, in the last section of the paper, there were these questions about what particular sentences entailed. There was one that ran like this: "Raphael is a small hippo. This entails:"

And one of the following five options was "Raphael is small."

And that turned out to be wrong coz "small" is a value judgment, and so "small" by a hippo's standards isn't really "small" in every context. (-_-)||

But further down, there's another question which runs as such: "(Name which I can't remember) gave his mother a beautiful gift. This entails:"

One of the following options was "The gift was beautiful."

And this was correct! And now, if I'm not wrong, isn't "beautiful" a value judgement as well??

Heck. Whatever. Got 30/40 for it, anyway, so I guess that's all right...

But anyway. Collected my Philo essay and first Anthropology reaction paper today; got a B+ for Philo and a B for Anthropology, which apparently could've been an A if only I'd read the instructions carefully and noticed that I needed to come up with three questions at the end of the paper. Darn. Oh well.

Things are going well, it seems... Maybe I've finally got used to Uni life after one semester.

Maybe it's just that being in love really does wonderful things. :)

Or maybe it's just my inner brilliance finally shining through. Heehee... :D

No comments: