Monday, December 12, 2005

Yesterday had to be one of the happiest days of my life.

Turns out that the AAS competition gave out prizes both for ranking and for knockout rounds for the individual events.

So I got third for ranking and fourth placing for the knockout round.

Knockout, is a series of matches wherein, if say we took the top 8 archers, No. 1 would be pitted against No. 8, No. 2 against No. 7, and so on and so forth. So I was against No. 6, an NTU girl named Iris, and I beat her by 12 points.

Then came the second round, and I was against the NTU girl who'd been shooting in my lane the day before, Eng Shuen Hui, if I remember her name correctly. And that one was a bit wasted.

During our third end, she had one arrow in black, and that would've been a good time for me to catch up, seeing as the difference between our scores wasn't that much. But I took too long to focus, didn't hear the thirty-second call, and didn't get to fire my last arrow. Shame that; I lost to her by five points, and I could've got second at least, but I guess shit happens. :P

As it turns out, later, the lady that I was up against for the bronze medal match had also lost because she didn't get to fire her last arrow in the last end of the previous round. All the juniors who were watching were saying that the bronze medal match was more exciting and more closely matched than the gold medal one, hee.

Kristy, Norisha and Pecilius took bronze for the Standard Recurve Ladies' Team event, and Huiting won fourth place for her Standard Recurve Ladies' Individual knockout as well, and fifth for her ranking. James only just lost to his NTU opponent by 6 points during his knockout round, and Kristy and Norisha both lost to their opponents; who were also teammates. :P

By virtue of the ranking, Norisha was against Huiting, and Kristy against Mabeline.

As it turns out, none of our guys in Open class made it to the knockout rounds; Vincent was ranked 40th, but the guys' standard really is damn high.

We did all right though, I think; definitely much better than last year. And to top it all off, when I came home, I had a new phone waiting for me. My mum had traded in my dad's old Nokia 2100 for an Ericsson K700i, so the first thing I did this morning after it was charged was to take a photo of my trophies. :D

Shall upload pretty pictures when I've installed the software that allows me to transfer stuff from my phone, and when the people who took pictures upload them. :D

No comments: