Sunday, March 12, 2006

Competition yesterday. Really not much chance of winning anything, looking at all the other competitors, but at least I'm sorta happy with my performance.

I know my form is sort of back now, and I think I'm starting to get used to the poundage of my bow; I'm more comfortable with drawing now, and I can shoot a full shoot without getting too tired; plus, I have a comfortable enough position for my clicker.

50m score is underperforming again; there's something about 50m during competition-- I think the wind doesn't like my arrows. Please don't tell me that I have to upgrade to 36 or 38 pounds just to make sure that my arrows are not as badly affected by the wind...

30m score is all right, though. 262/360. I remember my 4th end was slightly wasted though: X,9,9,8,7... 2. I landed the first arrow of that end in 12 o' clock white because I clicked too fast, and when I heard it click, I automatically released..! Ngh. Damn.

Last end was good though; 4 9s-- solid grouping in yellow, 3-4 o' clock-- the four arrows were kinda stacked up on each other. :D

Now for a few pictures, taken with my phone; I'm starting to really like the camera function now. :D


Chwan at the shooting line. I think this was the last end of the 30m round. Posted by Picasa


Kristy, while we were all waiting for the results to see which teams were eligible for the team event. It was a long wait. I think that's Royston on Kristy's left, and behind her is Vincent. Sleeping.
Seems like we always have someone sleeping when we have a competition at NTU; last year it was Mario. Haha. Posted by Picasa


Chwan, while we were waiting for some mess-up with the scores and team detailings to be settled, and the two guys' teams were just sitting around. That's Nic in the back. Posted by Picasa


Vincent. Looking a bit stoned. Lol. Posted by Picasa


Weiquan. He doesn't look this bizarre normally, don't worry. He pulled this silly face for the picture before he realised that I was going to keep this picture for the caller/messenger ID recognition on my phone. Lol... Posted by Picasa


It's a long time more to our next competition; Indoor is in June, so there's a long time to train. But in the meantime, I should probably go see a doctor.

My finger got better after we had that long break after IVP, and it wasn't really giving as much trouble during shooting or after shooting, until Thursday night. When Weiquan and Vincent and me were shooting 30m, halfway through the 4th end, when I released, the pain just kinda flared and it really did hurt like shit.

Yesterday, it started hurting in the third end during the 50m round; there were still *nine* ends left to go then...!! I told Weiquan (coz he was in my lane, in the detail after mine) that if he saw something go flying when I released, "help me go pick, coz I'll be too busy screaming."

"Ah, so that'll be your finger, right?"

"Yah. Not the whole thing lah, just the first phalange, I think."

But my finger is intact. Haha. And yes, I shall listen to Weiquan (and Henry now), and go see a doctor next week.

I do hate doctors though. They never have anything good to say.

Please, as long as I don't have to stop shooting, I'll do anything; I'll even let them give me 5 different kinds of pills that I have to take two each of three times daily!

I hate pills.

Shall get back to editing my group report now.

And as a side note: I know there are archery people who read this blog, so please leave a comment. It won't kill you. It's less harmful than your arrows, after all. :P

No comments: