Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Training today was good. Training hasn't felt good in a long time.

My form is back. I'm certain of it.

Every release had a follow-through; shots were generally centred; bow torque is a lot less; 50m score is at a career-high of 249. But it could've been better.

After all the lamenting about my lack of a medal for IVP, I've finally come to a conclusion of sorts about NTU Open, which is this Saturday. Given that it's an open competition and all the old-timers who've been shooting for about half their lives-- and not to mention the national archers too-- will be there, I think my chances of winning anything are seriously diminished.

Of course, the competition in C-class Women's in an open competition is still nowhere as bad as C-class Men's; it's there that all the old-timers and national archers really spoil the market-- at their level, their shooting is so good that even among the top few, the difference between their scores is only about one or two points.

But still, I think I've come to terms with the high possibility that I'll probably not win anything. And that might be a good thing. At AAS, I didn't expect to win anything and I got two trophies. It was during IVP that I knew I had less competition and had an expectation of myself that everything flopped. So maybe this time... hm. Who knows. :)

For now though, everything's good.

No comments: