Friday, March 31, 2006

So here I am, awake at this ungodly hour coz I caught the "Lost" season premiere (and it ended at 12 mn), and now I'm just surfing aimlessly.

And I just remembered something which amused me a couple of nights ago.

James and I were talking about movies over MSN, and we came to the subject of the Harry Potter movies; he then mentioned he couldn't understand the time travel bit in the "Prisoner of Azkaban", where Harry thinks he sees his father, but he really sees himself. For those who haven't seen the movie (you *have* to be kidding me, really), this is further complicated by the fact that he and Hermione then do things in the past which they, from their memory, already know affected the present. Confused yet?

Well, James was. But I sorted it out, at least partly.


Gerri:
so u understand now...? haha
or sorta understand
James:
sorta understand lol
freak i tk abt it 4 quite long sia n could not come up with a answer sia
n u tell me in a few mins...
Gerri:
haha....
and i'm arts student some more...



I'm not going to put up my whole explanation here; maybe another day when I have more time. But what struck me here is this: I can explain time travel... but I can't understand the quantum physics principles that are taught in my physics breadth module?!?!?!!!

WTH.

But then again, there are philosophical arguments in time travel. And physics too. So maybe it kinda is a discussion for arts students after all. Lol.


My two-week ban from shooting to allow my ligament injury to recover ended this Tuesday. But since we no longer train on Tuesdays due to the coming exams and term papers we all have due, Thursday would have been the next training day. And I wanted to shoot today (okay, I realise that technically it's "yesterday" coz it's past 2 in the morning now), but it RAINED.

GODDAMNIT, someone out there hates me.

Or maybe Weiquan jinxed it.


So I was just surfing around. Checking mail. Doing various other nonsense I do online on a near-daily basis. Then it occurred to me to check the hostel application stuff since the results of the first round are supposed to be out today (Friday, 31st March, that is).

Fleetingly, I wondered if I actually still *do* want to be involved in all these student activities. Shouldn't I be concentrating more on studies in third year? Shouldn't I just be bored with all this by now? But well, we'll see how it goes. I've only applied for one semester, after all.

Key in matric no. and PIN and login and blah blah blah. Click to check status of application and voila. Hm. Somehow, this is kind of unexpected.


It seems that this is to be home for the next semester.


NUS Eusoff Hall. Posted by Picasa

No comments: