Saturday, March 18, 2006

Of exchange programs and the like.

Sometimes I wonder if I should stop living in the moment, and think about things that are to come; not just a vague idea of what I want to do in the next few years, but about the next phase of life or whatever it's called nowadays.

Sometimes I wonder if I should buy more dresses and other formal wear. Sometimes I wonder if I should learn to put on make-up. All the formal events that I've had to attend in University just make the world out there so much more real. Sometimes I wonder why I don't feel comfortable in my own skin.

Sometimes I wonder if I should do what everyone else seems to be doing and grow up.

Sometimes I wonder what might be if I were not the way I am.

Sometimes I think that Life would be miserable if I were to grow up and always think ahead and of dresses and colours for faces and never about here and now.

And sometimes, I know I would be. And then I wonder if I was born in the wrong kind of body, in the wrong kind of species, at the wrong time and the wrong place.

I can't stop and smell the roses when everyone around me is just trampling them into the ground.

No comments: