Friday, September 29, 2006

Gerri's Ikea day out. :)



Yesterday, kor dropped by my room. After lunch at Fong Seng, we made a spontaneous decision to make that trip to Ikea that had been put off for so long. :)

So we hopped onto bus 33 (good thing for all NUS Hall people that we have a straight bus there and back) and were back in a little over an hour, with the following:

One bedside table ("sponsored" by kor as a super-belated birthday present), one table lamp (and two bulbs which were purchased separately), one shoe rack, one doormat, one cushion, and one rug. All this for the amazing price of $54.10! :D

So now my room is that little bit more homely. :)


Now for the mini-picspam:

Here's kor looking silly for the camera, at the bus stop outside Ikea.


This is my new shoe rack, already in service, as you can see:


Here's kor putting in the bulb for my lamp; note how cute the lamp is-- it has two little "eyes", haha. I think it's meant to look like a little alien that way.

I wasn't able to get a shot of kor fixing up my table for me because he was too fast! I was fixing up my shoe rack at the same time as he was putting together the table.

But here it is in all it's lovely beech-coloured-finished glory, anyway:

Ah.. except that you can't really see the beech-coloured finish. :P Yes, that's the rug on the table. I'd originally planned to have the rug on the floor between my desk and bed, but then I thought that it looked kinda weird because there was so little floorspace! Rugs look better when they're in a nice open space.

Then kor picked it up and put it on the table, and I had an idea. So after a bit of rearranging, there it stayed. :)

So this is what my room looked like before:

I know, it was nice then too. :)


And here's the refurbished (refurnished??) product!



Finally, here are the two people that made this blog entry possible:

Kor and me! :D



And this morning, I decided to utilise the table; I was quite glad that kor suggested that I get a bigger table instead of a smaller one. :)

Meiling and I had breakfast in my room this morning; bread with Nutella, and I made cream of chicken soup with my handy dandy travel cooker. Yay. Room party for two, haha. :D


Hall is just so much fun. :)

No comments: